Hamburg Manufacturing Inc. opened its doors as Hamburg Plow Works in 1882, after purchasing the current property from the Hamburg Stove Works in late 1881. Production at that time consisted primarily of horse drawn plow equipent, cellar grates, hog troughs, and kettles. The production of this equipment as a primary product continued until the 1940's when the company began to integrate the casting of industrial parts. At this point, Hamburg Manufacturing Inc. became a jobbing foundry, supplying gray iron parts primarily to industry. In 1984 HMI purchased the adjacent Confer Smith Foundry. HMI then added ductile iron to its gray iron production capabilities. HMI is now a jobbing shop capable of producing quality castings of various sizes, shapes and quantities, for the heating, pump, valve and other consumer goods industries.